Evaluation of questionnaires.
These questions have been used from the audience questionnaires with our most effective and useful answers given...
1. How old are you? Average age 20
2. Are you male or female? 20 Male, 16 Female
3. Which age group do you think the film is best suited for? 16-35
4. Why? Because it includes scenes of a sexually suggestive nature and mature themes.
5. Do you think the shots used were effective in creating tension and suspense and conforming to typical psychological thriller? Yes, we used point of view shots and over the shoulder shots so that it could be seen from the psychos point of view. We used extreme close-ups and establishing shots to understand the mind of the killer so the audience were brought into the world of the this eerie couple.
6. Why? Most Thrillers show society in a dark and dangerous way and normally contain violence and murder, this film fits this criteria to a certain degree because of the use of shots in the film and how it represents our characters. For example, they used high angle shots of Elise to show her as the victim and they used mid-length shots at the start of the film focused on Ike to show him as a neutral character before the audience get suspicious. However thrillers often feature a happy ending in which the antagonist is killed but in this film the antagonist is simply found out and it is suggested that the victim will be murdered with no consequence for the killer. The end scene is a close up shot of Elise being held tightly by Ike and although we can see only her face in the shot, it is mostly taken up with Ikes back so this shows that he is dominant within this shot and therefore dominant of the situation at hand.
7. Was the music used appropriately for the film? Yes, they used two different pieces of music for the film for the different tones running through it. One was slightly eerie, but quite light and the other
8. Did it help to create suspense? Yes, the two pieces of music had a different pace so as one melody built tension it would suddenly drop, and the second piece would come in slower and confuse the audience causing tension and creating suspense.
9. Give three things about the film you liked? • The acting was very believable at portraying the characters, the directors were very wise to use two A-level drama students who they knew would be skilled. • The filming, range of shots used. For example, the different angles used built tension. • The locations were used very effectively to get across the different themes of the film. (Romance/Thriller)
10. Why did you like them? Created tension, made you want the film to be feature length so that you could watch on but also it made you want to see more from these very talented directors and their artistic filming skills.
11. Give three things about the film that could be improved? • More dialogue throughout the film • Better quality of sound with props used • More location shots through out the film
12. How do you think we could improve these things? You could add more dialogue or even a voice over through out the film. The props used should have been very close to the mircophone so that the sound would definately be clear.
13. Does our film look professional? Yes, it is slick, course and explicit like a conventional thriller should be.
14. Would you pay to watch this film? Yes, i believe this film is definately worthy of payment, it's as good as any other amateur short film thriller.